Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

“I couldnot controlmy emotions”– Luiz apologizesfor celebrating against Chelsea

Paris Saint-Germain defender David Luiz, has said sorryfor celebrating afterscoring against his former club Chelsea.
The Brazilian defender equalized for the Ligue 1 club with a bullet header, afterGary Cahill had scoredthe opener for the Blues.
He said: “It is amazing for everyone, amazing for Paris club, for Paris city. We did a great game, we tried towin the game. I am happy to bein the next round but we have a long way to go towin the Champions League. We have to keepour feeton the floor.
“My cyclefinished in Chelsea, PSG gave me a greatopportunity to continue mycareer. I was veryhappy at Chelsea. I respecteveryone.
“Tonight was good for me to score. I said I wouldn’t celebratebut myemotions I couldn’t control. Thankyou to Chelsea and sorryI celebrated because I was so emotional.”

PSG qualified for the quarter-finals, after Thiago Silva’s late header madeit 2-2 on the night and 3-3 on aggregate.

No comments:

Post a Comment