Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Stella Oduah's Ex-Husband: ''I Wish Her Well''


The former Minister of State for Works, Chief Chris Ogiemwonyi, is the ex-husband of Princess Stella Oduah, the Minister of Aviation. They separated a couple of years ago, and she removed his surname from hers. Still, you can come across the name 'Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi' in some publications.
In a telephone interview, Mr. Ogiemwonyi said he had not seen his ex-wife since 2011. He added he had nothing new to add about the raging car scandal, and actions of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority.
"What concerns me about her?" the former Minister queried.
"We have been separated, and since she became minister, we have not seen [each other]. You know, the time when the issue of dropping my name came up. We have not seen since then.
"We all read comments in the papers, everybody is listening, and even the National Assembly, on the blogs; they are all full.
"But all I can tell you is that I last saw Stella in May 2011; that was when I saw her last. Since she became minister, I haven't seen her.
"All I can say is that I wish her well, but there is nothing more I can say."
Responding to the question if the controversy generated by the Aviation Minister's predicament bothers him, he said that was the least of his problems.
Ogiemwonyi and Oduah met while both were working for the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), where he was an engineer, and Oduah was with the account department of the oil corporation. Later, the two became husband and wife.
Stella Oduah was born on January 5, 1962 to the family of Igwe D. O. Oduah, Akili Ozizo of Ogbaru in Anambra State. After her studies at St. Paul's College, Lawrence Ville, Virginia in the United States in 1983, Oduah joined the Nigeria National Petroleum Company.
In 1992, she floated Sea Petroleum and Gas with a reported N200,000 bank facility. Her reason: "I don't think I left NNPC to set up SPG.
"I left NNPC because I wanted to do something more challenging. I left NNPC because I wasn’t getting enough job satisfaction. That's why I left."
Source: Punch Nigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment