Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Miracle Baby Born Without Brain Turns Two

A boy born without a brain amazes doctors all around the world as he turned two recently even though no one believed he would survive a day, Lanarkshire, Scotland, UK.

Aaron was born with an incredibly rare condition known as holoprosencephaly, which is considered to be incompatible with life. It means that the boy does not have a full brain but only a brain stem which allows him to breathe, see, hear and move. But that’s it.

Aaron’s parents were said to prepare for their son to pass away soon but it seems the boy had other plans. His mother Emma said: “When Aaron was first born, I was told there was no way he could survive. I was told he might live for three minutes, three hours or three days.



The doctors told me if it had been any of his other organs which had failed to grow, they would have been able to do something but they couldn’t grow him another brain. For the first few days of Aaron’s life, it felt like everyone was just waiting for something bad to happen but right from the very beginning, Aaron proved he is a real fighter.



And I was saying “mummy” to him recently and clapping my hands and he was giggling away. He looked at me, and said “mummy”. I couldn’t believe it. I’d been told my son would only live for a few minutes, but now here he was saying ‘mummy’ which is something I never thought I would ever hear.”Weeks after birth the little fighter undergone a surgery to have a shunt fitted into his head to drain some of the fluid. Two months after the procedure he was allowed home and while he returns to hospital for regular check-ups. And although he would always have the mental age of a newborn his family treat him like a normal kid and surround him with love.




No comments:

Post a Comment