Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

Deji's dilemma : Things i never thought could ever happen to me

My name is deji oladipo, Like any other reasonable young man, I always dreamt of being that young and successful man before the age of 30 and also dreamt of having a bright future with my girlfriend Maria, who at that time was my junior by a year  but maria and I always had problems while we were still in school she was more of party freak which I was not and times like this I really got jealous seeing her with another guy but anytime I tried talking to maria she will just talk it down saying I should loosen up a bit so in most cases I'll just let it go and life went on but I then noticed that towards the end of my  final year,  I wasn't getting younger and I had to live my dream the best way I could, I also noticed that maria wasn't the same girl I had met 3years ago,she wasn't the tall, pretty,God Fearing and caring lady I met back then she had changed totally and not for good but for the worst and these were the things that began to scare me so I gradually started loosing interest in Maria  and also started having frequent arguments with her and finally by the end of my final exams in Uni jos I had finally gotten my grip on something I could use against her.  A friend and I had seen her kissing another guy at a bar ...I was so happy when I saw her I immediately ran home and called her to come meet me, I told her it was urgent so in less than 5minutes she was in the room and I started ..I told her what I had seen, of course she tried to deny it but before she could say anything I told her  it was over, the relationship we had for over 4years was finally over, to my surprise she didn't even look sober she just grabbed her bag, snapped her fingers and left ...finally I was free and able to think clearly about 6months later our final results were out. I ran to school and checked. I was speechless, I had gotten a second class upper (4.35). At that moment I knew that life had just started and I had to start making critical choices ..so after my service (NYSC),I got an appointment with an oil company in abuja ....life was beginning to play out fine, my dream was gradually turning into a  reality, by the end of my second year I had bought my own car and I was living in the company's residence in maitama , abuja  and life was fine as far as I was concerned I was an average  person (elite) in the society and before I knew it, girls started rushing in from different angles claiming to have known my mum from the village and some claiming to have been admirers right from school .with the way these things were going I didn't need any prophet to tell me to go and look for a wife so without hesitation the next month I had started searching for the right girl to make my wife by the end of the second month I had met a girl called Jane, she was beautiful, calm,God fearing and she was also a twin, I met her at a friend's church, I was so attracted to her that after the service I rushed and asked for her number, although she tried playing tough, but I eventually got the number so from there things kicked off between us and we were gradually getting closer and closer, I loved her with all my heart and in less than a year I was ready to take her to the altar and make her my bride so I proposed and she accepted ...we were both happy and started making preps towards the wedding ..until that fateful day when Julius my colleague at the office had come up to me and suggested a bachelor party since the next day was my wedding, at first I wasn't comfortable with the idea but all the guys at the  office were like why don't you just have fun before you are tied to a single girl not being much of a social type, i eventually agreed and that evening we all met a bar downtown unknown to me that my friends had separate plans for me . before entering I noticed the place was empty then Julius told me to close my eyes, which I did and before I could open them I was surrounded by a lot of half nude girls with booze in each of their hands on seeing  this I was so confused but I knew this was the last chance to flex so I had to loosen up a bit .we partied so hard that night that I blacked out, I woke up around 3:55 am the next morning only to notice a girl in the same bed with me and she was completely nude too, she looked familiar  but that didn't bother me it was my wedding day so I immediately woke the guys up and we all ran back to our homes to start the small preps left, before the wedding and by the end of the day, I was already a married man and Jane my new bride was just the perfect picture of a good bride deep down in me I wanted to tell her about what had happened the previous night but something kept on telling me not to do it, so I let it go and we went for our honeymoon in Paris on getting back I had loads of schedules to cover so I had to keep late nights and sometimes not come home at all but I believed that Jane understood so after the first two weeks things had come back to normal and I began spending more time with my bride .My marriage was just in perfect shape and Jane had just confirmed to me that she  was pregnant with my first child so I spent more time at home and we were both happy until that fateful day, I had come home early as usual only to meet my wife gisting with the same lady I had met few weeks back I walked up to her and I then noticed it was Maria (my ex), I didn't want to believe that she was the one I slept with, so I behaved as if I didn't know maria and in a rude manner walked upstairs without paying any attention to both of them, my wife quickly followed me and asked what was wrong, but I said nothing she then introduced maria as the new neighbour next door .I knew maria had other intentions so I immediately told my wife I didn't like maria but my wife was like its because I just saw her for the first time so she dragged me downstairs and forced me to shake maria, which I did and maria just looked at me with a grin on her face I let go off her hand and left the house on getting back that evening I noticed my wife was crying so bitterly and she was just shaking her feet on the ground as I tried to touch her she slapped me and threw the pictures of me and maria naked on the ground I knew I had brought this upon myself so I kept quiet and moved to Julius's place to stay till things cooled down I just wondered how easy it was for Maria to scatter my marriage within minutes I got so angry that I that I started blaming Julius for everything, Julius knowing he had played a part in this my current destruction immediately apologized and told me to go and talk to Maria,I didn't see any good reason to do so, but I knew I needed to pour my anger on somebody and she was the person that deserved it most so I drove down to her house and knocked, she opened the door and before I could say anything she passed me a paper, I opened it, it was a pregnancy test and it proved maria was about 5weeks pregnant in fact when I saw this,  I just fainted ever since then I ran away from abuja because I wasn't cut out for being a double dad so that night I arranged for a trip out of town I regretted my actions and   I'm currently heart broken, feeling so stupid, and on plane to only God knows where .  ..so tell me, if you were in my shoes what would you have done? . ....

Short play
By yebo yakubu

No comments:

Post a Comment