Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Entertainment: Why I tell storieswith songs-Simi

Budding Afro pop diva, Simi is one artiste who is gradually becoming a force to reckonwith in the music industry. Afterthe release ofher two singles Tiff and E no go funny, she is back with a mid tempohighlife song called Jamb question. The X3M artiste reveals why she prefers to tell storieswith her songs.
In her words: “When I write, I try to make sure whoever is listening isn’t only carried along with sweetnessofthe melody, music or voice, but also with the story. I think storiesare timeless. Also,when I tell a story, I know that at least, people have experiencedit before.
On what inspired Jamb question, shesays it is inspired by real life experiencesofpeople. “The song is inspired by real life experiencesof people. Theseare thingsthat happen toboth girls and guys. Some guys are moreshy than others. So, insteadof being straight-forward and asking a girl out, they ask questionsthat are eithersilly or funny. I’ve always found it a bit funny and I wanted to put it in a song. I am grateful tohow far I have come. Anyone with big dreamsis never satisfiedthough, because there will always be morehurdles to cross” she enthused.

No comments:

Post a Comment