Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

I Will Demolish Illegal Structures In Kaduna If I Become Governor - El-Rufai

The All Progressives Congress (APC) gubernatorial candidate in Kaduna state and former minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mallam Nasir El-rufai has stated that he has no regrets for demolishing structures in Abuja and will do same if elected governor of Kaduna state, Leadership reports.

Nigerian Pilot reports that, El-rufai stated this at the weekend when he visited members of the Correspondents Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ in Kaduna. He justified his decision saying it was a brothel at night and was illegally occupied.

READ ALSO: 2015: There Is Nothing Wrong With Muslim/Muslim Ticket – El-Rufai

He said,“I have no regret doing so and will do same here in Kaduna for any illegal structures. Once I am given a job and I agree to do it, I do it with all my heart and as minister of FCT, which is one of the most difficult jobs, I did my job to the best of my ability.

“I do not think that the issue is whether I was controversial or not. The issue is whether I left Abuja better than I met it. And I think most people in Abuja will say I did. That is what matters”.

He continued, “Kaduna is different from Abuja in many respects. So, there is work to be done here. Not everything to be done here will be loved by the people. A lot of it will be embraced by the people but if there is a job to be done and I undertake to do it, if the people of Kaduna State elect me, it is because they want change.

“They do not want this place to be a state of bill boards and no action. They want schools to be better than what they are now; they want our health care system to cater for everybody, not the friends of the government that get sponsored to go to Egypt.

“They want agriculture to flourish and they want the state of insecurity to be addressed. Currently, these things are not being done. In the process of doing them, some people would say I am controversial”. He concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment