Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Juliet Ibrahim – My biggest Challenge Is That I’m Mixed Race


When asked about hurdle she faces regularly, the beautiful actress had this response:
“Sometimes, it is related with my color. The fact that I am of a mixed race makes people think that I receive preferential treatment. That is a huge misconception. There are times my color is a disadvantage and I cannot get certain roles. They would rather give the role to a dark-skinned actor especially if both parents are dark in the movie. Sometimes, the fair-complexioned actors are cast in the roles of husband snatchers and other bad characters. People don’t know that we go through a lot. It has been very challenging to get a role that can elevate my talent. However, I am being told now that I am receiving more favors because of my fair complexion. It seems people now have issues with colored people.”

No comments:

Post a Comment